105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Sheryl & Jessica

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Sheryl & Jessica
Lovettsville, VA USA

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We both attended the UU Congregation of Frederick (Md).  I was volunteering in the nursery, and I fell in love with her baby daughter! So obviously, we became fast friends. 


When did you get married and where?

Married March 22, 2014


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

At the time, Sheryl was a 20/22 US and I was a 16 US



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

Quite easy, actually!! Sheryl ordered her dress custom from eShakti.com ( a fashion MUST for anyone, especially fashionable fat girls!!) And it has POCKETS!!! My gown was actually my "something borrowed". I'm an (on-line) ordained minister, and had officiated the wedding of a couple of friends a few months earlier, and the bride and I happened to be built EXACTLY ALIKE! So, naturally, I borrowed her dress for my wedding!


Describe your day.

Amazing!! Really! Our wedding was a very low-key, diy, kind of affair. We had the the tables already set up, instead of chairs in rows, so we walked down the aisle thru comfortably seated guests, already enjoying beverages. We had the tables decorated w/vintage teacups, teapots, etc from various thrift shops. Our 2 youngest children gave Sheryl away. My mother gave me away. Our friends band played, and the 2 married couples we admire most spoke. I honestly don't remember all of the details, or even all of the guests. I only had eyes for my bride that day.  Everyone says that they had great fun though, so I'd call it a success!


Anything else you want to add.


Photo details - 
Our engagement announcement photo
"You may each kiss your bride!"
Smoooch! 
::clink:clink:: To us!!
Halloween 2015 Sheryl as Fox Mulder & me as Dana Scully
March 22, 2016 celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed