105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Nancy & Pete

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Nancy & Pete
Leicestershire, UK 

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

At school together but re-connected on a night out when Pete came back from Uni as we had the same social group




When did you get married and where?

We got married in May 2015 at City Hall in San Francisco


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 22/24 



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

Quite untypically I found my dress very easily, I actually had it within two weeks of getting engaged. I had a bit of a panic at first because I had an idea in my head of what I wanted but couldn't find it other than at couture bridal houses so it was looking like it would be a good few grand. Then I had a look at Monsoon to check out their bridesmaid dresses and saw that they did actually wedding gowns too. I took a look at them and spotted my dream dress! There was just one left in a 22 which is the biggest size they do and so I went for it straight away and it arrived within a week! 


Describe your day.

It was our perfect wedding day. We got married pretty quite early in the morning, mainly because City Hall is a big tourist spot and even though we had reserved a private balcony for the ceremony we knew the rest of the building gets really busy later in the day so we decided to go for it earlier so we could get better photos without people milling around us! There were still some small tourist groups there and it was a bit bizarre because they kept stopping me to take my photo, but it didn't spoil our time there. 
It's the most stunning building and we specifically chose the northern balcony as it got the most sunlight so we knew our photos would be great. We also picked the perfect photographer Emily Gutman to take our photos. We found her online and adored her work and it was obvious that she had lots of experience shooting at City Hall so she knew all the pretty spots for photos and a lot of the people that worked there. 
The ceremony was short but sweet and we were joined by my sister and her boyfriend, Pete's parents and his sister and her husband. My parents couldn't come with us but I had a little vintage locket with their photos in as my something old tied to my wrist with a pale blue ribbon which was my something blue!



Afterwards we sneaked off to take our photos around the building and then we jumped in a limosine and drank champagne as we drove to AT&T Park, the home stadium of the San Francisco Giants baseball team who Pete and I both support! We had a private tour around the stadium and our photographer came along too so we took lots more photos while we were there. We even met a Hall of Fame player named Vida Blue who came to say hi when we walked down to the field, he was great fun and gave us some baseballs from the game they had just been playing which of course we have kept as souvenirs of the day!
After the tour we headed back to our hotels to get changed, headed out and grabbed some lunch in central SF and then met up again with the family in the evening at a beautiful jazz supper club and cocktail bar called Hix for our wedding dinner. I had a second dress for the dinner which I had got from US plus size brand Kiyonna, it was a knee length fitted ivory lace wiggle dress with 3/4 sleeves that had a beautiful metallic shimmer to it. I ordered this online and had it delivered to our hotel before we even arrived in the US, it was a smidge too big for me but was still lovely and I wore both dresses again for our UK wedding party a few weeks later. 



For the following two weeks we explored San Francisco and then headed to Las Vegas and Orlando for our honeymoon - it was a dream and we can't wait to go back again!



Photographer Emily Gutman of http://emilytakesphotos.com/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed