105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Anna & Rick

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Anna & Rick
Leeds, UK 

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

In a bar in Leeds city centre, it's not there any more!


When did you get married and where?

12/5/12 at Harewood House, Leeds 




What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a 16/18 no idea what size Rick was



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I went to The Big Day in Castleford who were fantastic and found me my lovely dress. I had been to other shops but it's quite demeaning to try on dresses that aren't even close to fitting you in front of other women who are tiny. How are you meant to get an idea of how you will look on the day if you don't wear a decent sized sample?! 

My dress was by Ian Stuart and he does custom sizing which I found really useful as I am short as well, so it was a custom length. His plus size range is exclusive to The Big Day as far as I know. 


Describe your day.

We had a lovely, sunny spring wedding day. It was so much fun. There were penguins, and Star Trek references (for Rick's benefit!) and musical theatre, as well as lots of thoughtful details and personal touches, such as little badges and flip flops for the dance floor. The food was great and we had sausage sandwiches in the evening! It was a fantastically happy day with all the people we love the most. People still talk about it now, which makes me happy. 


Anything else you want to add.

I trashed my dress on our first wedding anniversary!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed