105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Natalie & James

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Natalie & James
Sheffield, UK 

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

James and I met in Sheffield city centre when we were both on a night out. It wasn't until we got talking, that we found out that we lived literally 2 minutes away from each other and both went to the same school! 

When did you get married and where?

We got married on 23rd August 2014 at St Mary's church in  Handsworth, followed by our wedding reception at The Red Lion in Todwick.



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 18 when choosing my dress and getting married.



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

My experience of finding and choosing a dress was very straight forward. I found my dress at the second wedding dress shop I visited. I was never made to feel uncomfortable because I was plus size and the overall experience was better than I expected it to be. At the first wedding dress shop, the lady told me that size 18 was the most common size for the brides she gets in, hence me not finding a dress there as there weren't many to choose from in that size. 


Describe your day.

Out wedding day was absolutely perfect. We turned tradition on its head, by having our children first but that meant they could be part of our big day and I wouldn't have had it any other way. (Even if it did make it extra stressful lol). I was very nervous about all the photos of me, due to my own insecurities but there were a lot more photos that I did like rather than ones that I  didn't. It was a perfect day, I married the man that I love and my children got to be part of it. My dress was beautiful and I felt beautiful. I couldn't have wished for anything more. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed