105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Victoria & Edward

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Victoria & Edward
Deal, Kent, UK

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We met through his sister as I was her friend, I never knew he liked me but years later he addmitted the Pulp poster on his wall was for my benefit and we got together over vodka shots Boxing Day 1996.


When did you get married and where?

We got married in 2002 in Las Vegas at The little Chapel of Flowers, as I always wanted a Vegas wedding.



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

When we got married I was probably a UK size 20 I had lost 2 stone when he first proposed then put it back on with half a stone more before I went wedding dress shopping.



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I left it a bit late 10 weeks before which limited my choices more than my weight. However, I had gone shopping locally and it was all size 12's pinned to my bra, but when I went wedding shopping proper I went to Bexley Heath to a shop that declared it catered for the larger bride.  It was a okay experience the dresses fitted there was a good choice, the only thing that annoyed me is because my hips measured a 22 they made me buy the 22 even though the 20 that I had tried on fitted perfectly, so I ended up paying over a hundred pounds in alterations and more for the dress as it was over a size 20!!! 


Describe your day.

Got a limo, got married and ate a delicious dinner with friends and family it was a fantastic day but chilled and low key. 



Anything else you want to add.

If I did it again I gotta say I would probably be more creative but I think the advent of the internet has made that a lot more possible as there are loads of quirky dressmakers and independent boutiques if you look but in 2002 that was in its infancy.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed