105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Anna-Lise & Mike

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Anne-Lise & Mike
Guildford, Surrey, UK

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?


I met my groom online, but not on the traditional online, because it was on one of the old Wap chats on the phone. We just had an instant connection and it only took three weeks from we got in touch till I came to UK to a visit. 


When did you get married and where?

We got married 07/07/2011 in the beautiful Guildford Registry Office.



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a dress size 22 when I got married. 



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit? 

I had a quite different starting point when I was to chose a dress cause I wanted to get married in red. It was due to both my parents had passed away very close to us getting married and both of them had red as their favourite colour. It was also a colour I loved so the choice was not very difficult. I had also been married before, so it didn't seem right to marry in white. I had quite a lot of difficulty finding the right dress for the occasion as it seemed like no online retailer had red in their collections at that time. And if they had something red it was too casual or not wedding worthy. I knew I wanted something simple with not too much frills so I searched high and low and couldn't find anything. I bought several dresses, but none of them was what I was looking for. A month or so before the wedding I had a look at Igigi's website and saw this beautiful dress that I thought was the dress for me even if it had a hanky hem which I wasn't too happy with. But I liked everything else with it, so I ordered it. When it came it was perfect. The size was perfect, the fabric was gorgeous and it was red!!! 


Describe your day.


Our wedding day started with the most horrific monsoon rain you can imagine, but about 20 minutes before we were getting married the sun started shining. The ceremony itself was beautiful and we walked in to the beginning of Find The River by R.E.M as both Mike and I love our music and didn't want anything traditional. 


We had about 50 guests at our wedding and had chosen to downsize the wedding and have a modest celebration since my mother had died just a few months before. In Norway it can be seen as disrespectful to have a big wedding so soon after someone close to you die, but we thought that my mum would have wanted us to go on with the wedding as planned. We had a garden reception with a buffet. 

We had a big party tent in the garden cause we thought it was going to rain, but instead the weather stayed beautiful the whole afternoon and evening which was amazing. We hadn't expected it to be this lovely when we woke up that morning. The whole day turned out to be so much fun and a great get together with friends and family to celebrate our love for each other. We also carried the memories of my parents and Mike's dad that passed away a couple of years before as well, with us as we had photos of them on display and in my flower bouquet I carried 3 little charms with the letters L for my dad, E for my mum and A for Mike's dad. 
That way, they all walked me down the isle. 













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed