Domino Effect

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I have to be honest and say I have had this Beth Ditto Domino Dress since it was first released and have NEVER worn it out! I love it so much but when I got it I was not as happy with my body even though I was much thinner then. I did not have the confidence to wear it as it showed all my lumps and bumps and even with one of those horrible "sausage bags" body stocking tight things under it I did not have the confidence so it sat in my wardrobe for years.

It is much tighter on me now and has a full on VBO (Visible Belly Outline) of my DB (Double Belly) but you can't deny this dress is a statement and my statement is I love my body the way it is and I will not save clothes anymore for when I "lose weight". If something is too small I give it away or sell it or take it to a Clothes Swap (NOTE: I am organizing one in Leeds from January! More Details later!)

Keeping clothes that don't fit you does not help you accept your body. If something is a little tight but wearable then WEAR IT! I no longer keep clothes for "Special" I wear what I want when I feel like it. If I feel fancy then I dress fancy. When I am in a not so happy mood I will wear something cheery to make me feel sexy. Make the effort to look awesome and the Domino effect will be that you feel awesome in most cases.








Dress - Beth Ditto Evans size 26
Belt - Simply Be
Boots - Primark £10
Glasses - Etsy.com Vintage
Hairband - New Look (old)
Necklace - from Leeds Clothes Swap


Leeds Plus Size Clothes Swap - Come with your clothes that are too small or large and swap them for things that fit!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. What an amazing dress! It looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boots look so good with this! You have such an eye for things missus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress, and really wish I could get hold of one :) xx you look amazing in it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock it so well. Looks amazing! Love the belt too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first thing I noticed wasn't the outline of your body, instead my eyes were drawn to that amazing belt! You look great x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smokin! I love this dress I want it so bad xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totes agree with you about not saving clothes for the future or for special occasions. Wear 'em now or get rid of them because life is too short!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The belt is perfect for the dress. And I love the 20s touch with the necklace and the hairband.

    I bought this dress too, back then, but I wasn't brave enough yet to actually wear it, so I sold it again. I still regret this. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You completely rock this dress!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed