105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Lindsay & Michael

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Lindsay & Michael
Newcastle upon Tune, United Kingdom.



Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We both studied chemistry at Newcastle University and after a couple of months of fancying each other from afar, we started dating in December 2001



When did you get married and where?

We got married in Newcastle in November 2008.  


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

The same size I am now; anything from a size 24 to 28 UK normally, depending on brand.



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?


It was...interesting!  I had a very good idea of what I wanted....a white dress with a red section across the middle.  We were also getting married on a budget, so the dress had to come in quite cheap.  I was looking at something around £100-£200 l really.

I remember looking at ranges at BHS and Evans at the time and not really liking anything, so not getting to the point of trying dresses on.


Finally, Michael went onto the Internet and found various eBay sites that made dresses to measure.  He spotted the a style similar to the idea of what I wanted, we got the tape measure out and took a gamble.  The dress cost £98 and when it arrived it for like a glove.



Describe your day.


I actually suffered a lot of depression in the run up to my day for various reasons, so I disengaged from the process of preparing for it somewhat.  Something with hindsight I wish I could change.


BUT, the day itself was perfect.  I woke up that morning and knew what I was about to do was the right thing, completely.  I remember my mother running around like a headless chicken, all panicked, and I was just calmed and chilled in comparison.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed