105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Lindsey & Matt

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Lindsey & Matt
Reading, UK


Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We met on match.com. I had been living abroad, when I came back everyone I knew was in a relationship so weekends were really dull. I signed up for a bit of fun and decided I'd go on as many dates as possible to try and perk up my social life. Matt was the last one I'd decided I was going on! I had already decided I wasn't going to like him but he was the funniest man I had ever met so we clicked and that was that.


When did you get married and where?

We got married in August 2012 in Sorrento. 



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I think I was a size 22/24



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I'd researched plus sized wedding stockists and found one in Basingstoke. I'd seen the dress I wanted and they had it in stock in a size 20. I could try it on but it didn't fasten, but it made me realise it was definitely the style of dress I wanted. In the end I had my dress made by a wedding shop in Morpeth as my sister had worked with them previously. Because that meant I had to travel back to the North East, I didn't actually finally try on my dress til the day of the wedding... No stress there :) 


Describe your day.


We'd decided to get married abroad to make it more of a holiday and we were incredibly lucky that around 70 family and friends decided to join us. I had organised the whole thing over email and it was probably the most stress free wedding ever. My sisters did my hair and make up in the morning, but on the short walk to the ceremony, I was so hot, they had to retouch it before I went in and try and cool me down/ 



We got married at the Cloisters which is a beautiful outdoor venue, in Sorrento in 30 degree heat (sweaty). Afterwards we went back to our hotel for lunch on the terrace overlooking Mount Vesuvius. Later on we went to a bar for more food and dancing (there was an man with a bontempi organ playing really bad tunes, I loved it!) There was a spectacular storm at the end of the night which was like our own personal fireworks. It was genuinely the perfect day, a lot of our friends had travelled to Italy for the weekend so it was brilliant to have everyone with us.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed