105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Rebecca & Christian

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------

Rebecca & Christian
Phoenix, Arizona USA

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?


I grew up outside of Boston, MA and my husband grew up in Germany. We met on OkCupid (a dating website) in 2009 when we were both living in Phoenix. I knew he was the one after our third date. He proposed six months later on a trip to Germany to see his family.


When did you get married and where?

We got married in Mesa, Arizona on October 23, 2010.


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

When the saleswoman ordered my dress, I didn’t ask the size and she didn’t tell me. I just let her take my measurements and order accordingly. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to try the dress on before ordering it (or any dresses for that matter) the samples just didn’t exist in my size for me to try on. Dress shopping was a bit depressing in that respect.



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I did my dress shopping alone. At the time, my fiancé and I had just moved to a new state with no friends or family around. Most of my shopping involved looking for dresses online. I brought a photo of the dress I had chosen to a local bridal shop and asked them to order it. I had to trust my own instincts about what I wanted and how I wanted to look on my wedding day and it worked out!



Describe your day.

Our day was everything we wanted it to be. I married the love of my life and we had a fantastic party with our friends and family. My Matron-of-Honor performed our first dance song, which was very special for us. We also hired an ice cream cart in lieu of cake, because obviously, ice cream is better.



Anything else you want to add.


Make your wedding what you want! Wear what you want, invite who you want, do what you want!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed