105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Hayley & James

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Hayley & James
Manchester, UK


Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We're originally northern folks, I'm a Sand Dancer, from South Shields, and James is from Chopwell, Gateshead.

We met in Newcastle, both having gone through bad breakups, we clicked more as friends, both having young children wanted people out of our friend circle where we could put our past behind us, and just be able to talk. The more we talked, the more we realised there was something more to it. 


When did you get married and where?

We we married two years ago on 14-7-14 at Gretna Green. 

What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 18 on our wedding day



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

This was the second wedding for us both. I had dieted to the point of starving myself eating around 1100 calories a day the first time, and felt self conscious all day. Looking back I don't like the photos at all.

I found my dress online, from Sweden, the fabulous Emmy Designs, who personally helped me with any questions. 

I have to admit when the dress arrived I was nervous, the package looked so small, but when I tried on, I cried. It fitted perfectly, looked better than I could have imagined, and it had POCKETS!!!


Describe your day.


Our day was perfect, we drove from Carlisle, with our witnesses, to Gretna, it was so relaxed, a really fun day. One of our witnesses, and closest friends is an amazing wedding photographer, so we were gifted the most fantastic photos. Casual and fun, everything I could have wanted. 

We ate ice cream in the farm shop, and played on the childrens park. 

We posed for photos with tourists, it was such a fun day. 

Our reception two weeks later was loved by everyone there, we didnt want anything formal, we contacted our favourite restaurant, where we had gone for our first meal together, and managed to private hire the whole place for the evening. We had tapas, jugs of Sangria flowing, cake, photobooths, and an amazing swing band. 

We couldn't have wished for anything more. 


Anything else you want to add.

We had the budget for a dream wedding, but after visiting a large wedding fair, I walked out realising that none of that was important to me. I had my ideal family, and that's all that I needed. 

Weddings should be about you, not your size, shape or others expectations. 
We went against what others wanted, and expected, we did it our way and not only did it turn out amazing, everyone was blown away and people still talk about it, the food, the atmosphere. 


I also think it made us stronger as a couple. As we planned it all, going against the normal routes, it made us talk more about expectations and what we both wanted. it truly was OUR day, and there is nothing I would have changed. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed