105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Elena & Haydn

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------

Elena & Haydn
Northamptonshire, England

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We met at a house party (how romantic!) in 2007. He had just moved in with one of my best friends and another friend into a house in my home town. I didn't like him much to begin with, he was really drunk and generally just a bit annoying! I saw another side to him though the next day when he made his housemates packed lunches to take to work the next day. We fell in love pretty quickly and after a couple of months of spending all my spare time there, I moved in with them! 


When did you get married and where?

We got married on 24th September 2011 at our village church. We're not exceptionally religious but we wanted to get married somewhere meaningful to us that we could go and visit whenever we wanted. We drive past it every day, Haydn took his first steps in the church many moons ago, the vicar who married us lead the funeral for our son last year and we are planning to have our daughter christened there when the time comes. We had our reception at a country inn in a nearby village.  


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

24


What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

The first place I went to was awful, they had nothing in my size but made me try on dresses far too small and did them up with a clippy coathanger! There were at least two other brides there trying on dresses too and I felt so uncomfortable. They took my measurements and told me I would need a size 32 and tried to get me to buy a dress without ever having tried it on! I did a bit of research for the next shop and found a wonderful place in Daventry, Northamptonshire who made me feel really welcome and relaxed who had masses of dresses for me to try on in my actual size. I ended up with a dress that was the total opposite of what I originally thought I wanted but I felt incredible in it!


Describe your day. 

I absolutely loved our wedding day, it is truly one of the happiest days of my life and I can't help but smile when I think about it or look through our photos. It was quite a traditional wedding and I wonder now if we would go down that route again but it felt right at the time and I don't regret anything about it. My favourite moment of the day was late in the evening when almost every single one of our guests was on the dancefloor. We stood in the doorway of the marquee watching them and just feeling so overwhelmed at what a wonderful day we had had and how lucky we were to have such a fab bunch of people supporting us. 


Anything else you want to add.

I honestly thought our wedding day would be the peak of our love and happiness together but it was just the beginning. We've been through a lot together including the stillbirth of our first child, a beautiful little boy called Aneurin, but all the challenges and heartbreak has only strengthened our relationship. We are now expecting our second child which is very nerve wracking but absolutely worth it. I know that whatever life throws at us, we can take it and our lives are richer and more beautiful for having been through what we have. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed