105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Christian & Catherine

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Christian & Catherine
London, UK

Christian is originally from Wolverhampton but has lived in London for over 10 years (he's also a comic book artist), Catherine is originally from Canada but has lived in the UK for about 7 years.




Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We met three years ago on the internet initially.  We we're stuck together like glue from our first date, really. It was an immediate connection. 


When did you get married and where?

We got married Oct 24th 2015 in East Dulwich at the Southwark Registry Office and had a reception at East Dulwich Tavern. 


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

Dress size 20UK


What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I got my dress online at Honeypie Boutique.  I hate shopping and buy all my day to day clothes online, so I couldn't see myself going in to a shop to buy a dress. I bought a few in different styles, but realised fairly quickly that the 1950's sillouete was the most flattering on me, so I ordered one custom made from Honeypie Boutique who took all my measurements and we're able to make something bespoke for me.  It was a really easy experience and I would highly recommend them to anyone.


Describe your day.

We had intimate day that was quite casual, only close friends and family, but there were still a few jitters in the morning getting ready. Mine and Chris' family all got ready at the hotel and Chris got ready at the flat.  We wanted to walk in to the registry office together, so we had a 'first look' moment in a park that was adjacent to the registry office and it was a really lovely way to have a moment together and calm our nerves before we got married. We walked down the aisle to 'Come and Get Your Love' by RedBone and out to 'The Island Song' which is the closing credits to 'Adventure Time'   After a few pictures outside (we opted to only do one big picture and only do a few posed pictures of us - everything else was mostly journalism style) and then we went to the East Dulwich Tavern where we had a lovely roast dinner, cupcakes as a wedding cake and more scotch eggs than I'd ever seen in my life for the evening snack.  Chris did an amazing speech where he read out some of his cringy internet messages that he'd sent to me before we'd met in person and everyone was crying laughing.  Our evening guests arrived at around 7pm and we kicked off the dancing with our first dance sung by our friend Jeremy and then a DJ.  One of my favourite moments was cracking out the glow sticks and dancing to Prodigy's 'Outer Space'. We danced the night away and went back to the hotel totally exhausted and fabulously happy. It couldn't have gone any better. 


Anything else you want to add.


I suppose if I was asked for advice as a bride generally I would say don't worry about it all being perfect. It wont be.  It cant be! but it will still be amazing because what really matters is that you're marrying the person that you love. On my wedding day it rained in the morning, the registrar ran late, my (adorable Irregular Choice) shoes we're killing me, we had some drama with DJ not being sure where he was meant to be - but I don't think of those things when I think about my wedding, I just think about all the great stuff.  In terms of being a bigger bride, I was determined that I wasn't going to diet for the big day as I didn't want to put that pressure on myself and looking at the pictures, I can see the happiness in my face and frankly I think I look quite beautiful!  



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Christian & Catherine were such an amazing couple to photograph, it was a fabulous day - Congratulations guys!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed