105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Daniella & Sean

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Daniella & Sean
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

On match.com, met at Momocho, a Mexican restaurant in Cleveland


When did you get married and where?

May 19, 2012 on Isla Mujeras, Mexico



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

My dress was a size 20


What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I went to David's Bridal and was able to try on about 6 dresses that I thought would fit my venue (the beach) and my size. Compared to smaller sizes, I had very little to try on, but I found my dress quite quickly. I did find that they talked me into buying a size 20 and when it came in it was much too large. Then I spent about $500 to have it altered at their shop. I think it is a racket; they pressure you to buy a bigger size so that you will pay to have it altered. 


Describe your day.

I spent the morning with Sean having a leisurely breakfast at the beach restaurant of ourhotel Na Balam. Then I went to my maid of honor's hotel room and relaxed and had wineand cheese and Mexican bakery for lunch. We got ready in her room and the photographer came to get some pics. I was very nervous and shy and I regret not being more relaxed in my pictures. Then Sean and I took some pics in a garden and then we took a cab with the photographer to a cliff on the Caribbean side of the island.

It had stormed for most of the afternoon, and the sky and wind was incredible on the cliff. I was so worried about my hair and make-up, but the pictures were amazing! Then we went to the the location of the wedding, which was a hotel on another beach on the island (Maria's Kan Kin). The guests were on the beach and I processed with my wedding party down a set of stairs to the beach. We had about 20 people fly down to Mexico for the wedding, including the wedding party, so it wasn't a very big wedding. The ceremony was performed by a lovely German woman who moved to Mexico 30 years ago. It kept alternating between sun and clouds and then in the middle of the ceremony for about a minute it misted the most delicate mist on all of us. 



After the ceremony we took more pictures on a dock and on the beach. The reception began on the beach with a champagne toast and appetizers and then we moved up to an outdoor restaurant for drinks, dinner, and dancing. At the end of the night everyone spontaneously joined hands with Sean and me in the middle and danced around us to "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles. It was an amazing end to the reception. Sean and I were driven off in a golf cart with a sign in Spanish. We got lots of love from passersby and fellow travelers. After I changed out of my dress (I was dying! It was so incredibly humid and hot) we went to a bar on the main street on the island and had drinks with some of the wedding guests. Eventually Sean and I were dropped off at our hotel for the night.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed