Why I Am Richer Than Oprah

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Miss O has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. She is a very smart, generous, beautiful, american, black, female. She has gone through a lot in her life and as a child was subject to abuse. She has struggled with her weight all her life and we have seen her size change dramatically over the years. As a fat kid I always got engrossed in her shows about weight loss and diets. I would usually lose 7lbs then put on 14lbs after a few weeks of trying to be "good". I am sure for some people these diets worked wonders but for me diets have never had a lasting effect.

Now at the age of 32 and finally happy with my size. Whatever size that may be as I go up and down but I am always fat. I look at Oprah and think how lucky I am to have found peace with my body and mind through Fat Acceptance (FA),Health At Every Size (HAES), various blogs, photography and art.

I wish that Oprah had found this and at a young age. She would have been able to change so many lives and show the world that FAT is not a bad word. This is why I am richer than Oprah because no matter how famous, rich, powerful you are it will not help you on your journey of self love and will not help you lose weight and keep it off. Be happy in your own body as it is the only one you have. I love Oprah and wish her nothing but happiness!





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. same thing happened to me when i used to diet ! glad your happy with yourself as your are pretty f-ing fabulous i was never a oprah girl i loved rikki lake and yes as i type i am chanting go rikki go rikki :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed