Style XL Awards & Beth Ditto Dress

Wednesday, March 08, 2017


Last night was the first Style XL Awards organised by Leah of Style XL. The Awards were a informal affair with some of my favourite blogging people. It was held in a function room at the Rose Villa Tavern in Birmingham. 

My outfit for the event was very kindly given to my by Beth Ditto from her second amazing collection on Bethditto.com. This is the Ball & Chain dress. More details below! The bag was also a lovely gift from Yoshi the maker of  beautiful leather bags and accessories with funky designs. I will review this Marconi bag and share some of my favourites in my next post.


Since I had two tickets for the Awards I offered the ticket to my instagram/twitter followers and asked who wanted to be my date. I picked a winner at random and it ended up being the beautiful and ever so lovely Michaela. It was her first plus size event! First of many hopefully! You can follow her on instagram @astutefiery



One of the winners from the night was Amee of Radioactive Unicorn for her Stunning collections of Hand Made Nail varnish and glitter. She has extended her brand to include lipstick, highlighter and more to come soon! Check her out HERE!






I have a few items from the first Beth Ditto Collection and they are beautiful and I wear them regularly because they are so comfortable and stylish. This second collection is just as amazing if not better! The make up/beauty them runs through both collections and this is the Ball & Chain dress and there is a circle waist detail with stitched circles and a thin tie to give shape. The sleeves are almost like a batwing style which fits my fat arms the ease and also allows room for my large bust. I did worry the waist may be too high as my bust tends to pull things up but this was lovely.

With all of the Beth styles shape is a major design factor. each item has a number of interesting details and or shape to it. Pockets are another Beth staple and I don't mean little no point them being there pockets. Big Pockets! All clothes should have pockets!

This dress is a lightweight stretchy poly blend fabric that feels lovely to wear and means no iron required! The skirt has a lot of swish to it and an interesting pleat at the front. The length is almost a midi on my as I am a shortie 5'3'' so would be a good length on taller people also. The sleeves are a perfect length on me also.

The print of this dress is a 3 colour droplet of blood red nail polish which appeals to my inner goth and also my love all things red. I added some red accessories to make it pop.

This dress is so easy to wear and I already have ideas of how I will wear it again so look out for more from this dress on the blog. You can take advantage of the current up to 80% off at Bethditto.com NOW!








Glasses - Moschino
Earrings - Vintage
Necklace - Punky Pins

(UK people remember that you will have duty of around 20% to pay when your order arrives)
This item was gifted to me for review. All opinions are my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed