105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Tracy & Sam

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Tracy & Sam
Perth, Australia

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?


I'm from Albany Western Australia and we now live in Perth Western Australia. We met on line about 10 years ago. I can't remember the website. We spoke online almost every day for about a year before we met. Moved in together not long after we met in real life. Got married about 5 years later. ( we will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary  on October 20th in Japan)


When did you get married and where?

We got married in Albany at the Forts in front of the ruins of the living quarters (a few chimneys and broken walls)



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)


I was size 22/24. I didn't really feel pressure to lose weight. I thought "I was fat when he proposed, I'll be fat when we get married"


What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I googled wedding dressed for ages to find the perfect one! I had found an amazing wedding dress shop / dress maker that told me she would custom make it for me! I love love loved my dress and the experience I had at my dress maker. She was the perfect amount of sweet and honest. She wanted me to look amazing and wouldn't let me leave unless it was perfect.

My veil had been used on Shires women (my mums family) for about 60 years . A couple my aunties, my mum, my sister and a couple of my cousins have all worn it! 


Describe your day.

My bridesmaids  were my sister my best friend and a good friend. My niece was my flower girl and my nephew was ring bearer. They walked down to the song - It Must Be Love by Madness and I walked in with the song - Be My Man by Asa!

It was a short and simple ceremony. We spend a few hours driving all over Albany getting our pics taken. We only had about an hour to ourselves after the photos were done before the reception started. All I did was take my shoes off and relax.

Reception went pretty smoothly, the theme was lollies and robots. Sam and his best man  were told to write speeches but they both decided to "wing it" and ended up just rambling and not making much sense (I had planned the whole wedding myself and all Sam had to do was write a speech.. I was a tad pissed off for a while because of that.. )

Our first dance was What A Wonderful World by Iz  Kamakawiwo'ole (it was also my Nanas favourite song and she passed away not long before the wedding)
The food was good. A little pastry selection for starters. Steak for main and sweets was a Lolly bar. The lolly bar was sort of a surprize to everyone  it was unveiled after the speeches and dances. Everyone seemed to turn into little kids and get excited by all the yummy stuff.


Anything else you want to add.

My advice for other would be brides .. flat shoes and comfy undies if u have a long bulky dress like I did!
Find a dress maker that is honest! Take time to just enjoy the day! Take it in! As it goes by so fast .

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed