105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Claire & Rob

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Claire & Rob
London.UK

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

Whilst working in Japan 



When did you get married and where?

We got married in September 2007 in Grimsby  



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 24



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I only visited one wedding dress shop and the experience was pretty poor (usual stuff, no dresses in my size, made to feel like I didn't deserve a pretty dress). But our budget was really small and I couldn't really afford a wedding dress from a shop. I did buy an off the peg dress from Monsoon but eventually found a lovely evening dress from Simply Be. Cost me £100, a friend's sister altered it for me and it was a great experience.  


Describe your day.

We went for budget with a capital B. We got married up in Grimsby where my mum lives because it was cheap.

We had a registry office ceremony - which was over and done with in 15 minutes - and we had our wedding reception in the bar of the local college. It was catered for by the catering school which was part of the college.

We were relatively young and only one group of our friends had already got married so we went for "party" rather than wedding. Our reception had a live swing band, we had cupcakes as our wedding cake before cupcakes were popular. 

As we were in a Northern student bar drinks were super cheap and half of the wedding party went clubbing in Cleethorpes after we finished the reception. 

It was fun and relaxed and I ignored a lot of the usual traditions. We only had an evening reception - we didn't have one during the day. This was to allow our friends to travel to Grimsby (some as from as far as Japan). We didn't have confetti or a top table, I didn't throw my bouquet, there was no pomp or ceremony.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed