105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Michelle & Nikki

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Michelle & Nikki
Ireland


Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

We were a twitter love story. 


When did you get married and where?

January 2014 in Wicklow, Ireland.



What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size 22. I always thought I wouldn't get married unless I was a size 12 or smaller, but I learned that true love doesn't see dress sizes.



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I didn't even attempt looking in bridal boutiques. I was sad that I missed out on the dress shopping experience, but I couldn't bear the thought of the humiliation of not finding anything, or only having to choose the best from a bad bunch. So I took a huge gamble and ordered mine online from China. Despite measurements correlating on paper, in reality it came up a lot smaller on me, so I had to get it altered, but I was very happy with it in the end.


Describe your day.

It was a beautiful day, but tinged with sadness from people close to us letting us down, and major morning sickness for me because I was 2 months pregnant - I couldn't even face eating any wedding cake!



Anything else you want to add.

We have since separated, but as Nikki said to me, I was still a beautiful plus size bride, so that should still be celebrated. Although separated we are still friends and spend family time together with our little girl, who brings us so much joy.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed