No Cold Shoulders

Sunday, May 28, 2017

I love when Gingham season comes around in fashion and I have been after a black rather than blue gingham for a while. I saw this dress on Simply Be and hate cold shoulder style. The dress only goes up to a size 26 and being non stretch material I didn't hold out much hope for it fitting my size 26/28 body but figured I would give this a try and could always send it back if it didn't fit/suit. My issue with cold shoulder styles is that straps rarely cover all my bra and this dress was the same.

I found that the straps were actually sewn lower down so was able to just cut them off with sewing involved and you would never even know there had been straps! (see last photo for before and after) The neck is stretchy but holds its shape and stays up on the shoulders. The waist is elastic making the a super comfortable dress considering the material has no stretch.

It is light and perfect for summer. My only issue is that when sitting it is tight over my belly but it does not bother me to have a vbo so no problem. I loved the embroider detail across the front which does not flap about in the wind. The length is perfect for me but I am a shortie at 5'3'' so if you are taller be aware that it will be shorter on you.

I bought the bag which is actually a makeup bag from TKMaxx yesterday for £10 and threw on some sunglasses, birks and this super lovely hair flower by Kalandra Jane who makes the most beautiful headwear!








Bag - TKMaxx £10
Hair Flower - Kalandra Jane
Glasses - Zenni (prescription)
Sandals - Birkenstock
Necklace - ebay
Sarong on ground - ebay similar £5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

How adorable is this artwork by @grrlgangart
Give her a follow on instagram HERE and check out her other art and the link to her store!
She saw my outfit photo in a facebook group and painted me!
So frickin cute!!!



Four easy snips and the straps were gone!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You look bloody amazing, as usual! I'd love to raid your wardrobe. xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed