105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Luray & Jude

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Luray & Jude
Pittsburgh, PA  

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?


Jude and I met at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where we both went for undergrad.  Jude spent the summer between my sophomore and junior year on campus, and several of my friends had texted me, telling me there was this really cool person I had to meet and that we were going to be the best of friends... they weren't exactly wrong :)


When did you get married and where?


We got married on March 28th, 2015 at a place called the Irma Freeman Center for Imagination.  When we moved to Pittsburgh in 2012, we drove past the Center and thought it was the most interesting venue we'd ever seen.  When we were deciding a spot for our ceremony, it was the only place we wanted to look at.  We were their first wedding!


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

My dress was a size 4x 



What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I had kind of been dreading going wedding dress shopping, as I'm a relatively unconventional bride and the whole 'dress shopping experience' gave me more anxiety than joy.  I bought the dress from Modcloth on a whim and just hoped it would fit when it arrived at my door.  It was $60 (a steal in dress world!) and I just spend a little more on my jewellery to up the fancy aspect.


Describe your day.


Our wedding was very DIY, and we utilized the resources of our beautiful friends to help keep the cost down.  Our best friend, Sam Brown, made our wedding cake and was our officient.  Our reception was pot-luck style, and Jude's sister bought the alcohol for the open bar as a wedding present.  We decorated the venue ourselves (and as it is usually an art gallery, the artist on exhibit at the time gave us permission to incorporate their work!).  It was all very intimate, and so very loving for us.  







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed