105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Mars & Rick

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Mars & Rick
Chico, CA, USA 

Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?

I actually met him on a dating site (pof.com) because I was drunk and mad a different boy so I sought out someone else to talk to and his was the first and only message I responded to. 


When did you get married and where?


October 18th, 2014, in his mom's backyard in Chico, CA


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I was a size US 18/20 and still am.


What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?


I had so many ideas in my brain of what I wanted my dress to be. The one thing I knew was that I didn't want something white.
It actually took me months to finally decide that I wanted something grey and flowing.
I found what I wanted on a website that sold Mother Of The Bride dresses.
I waited too long, and even though it was supposed to be custom made to my measurements, it was about three or four sizes too large.
I had to get it tailored two days before the wedding and I still had to sew it to my bra the day of lol
It was beautiful though, I just wish that I had ordered it sooner. 


Describe your day. Anything else you want to add.

It was casual and fun. We only had about 35 guests and I spent most of our budget on the bar.
I also had a hot cocoa bar with Kahlua and Pumpkin Spice Liquor set up with antique teacups and it was so fun!
I walked down the aisle to a song from Skyrim and we had other nerd references sprinkled throughout the decor.
Our ceremony was actually less then five minutes and then we drank and hung out until we headed to a local bar to celebrate with people we weren't able to invite to the ceremony. 


Anything else you want to add.

We actually had a large camping wedding with a smores bar and tons of fun things planned but had to decide between the big wedding or a honeymoon, and in the end, the small wedding was perfect for us and I regret nothing. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed