Lolly Catch Up

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Sooooooo it's been a while!

For those who don't already know a couple weeks ago I got really bad heartburn with my pregnancy and went to the doctors fro some medication. I was prescribed Zantac then later found out it can take a week to work. A week later I was still in agony and was unable to eat anything and hardly drink. I had a scan appointment at the hospital and took along a urine sample which was very dark and being type 2 diabetic was checked for keytones which were 3.1. I was told I was being admitted for treatment for severe dehydration and very high blood pressure.

Being so dehydrated made getting a line in very difficult. Three Doctors fried for 90 minutes to find a vein. Stabbing me more than 20 times until I couldn't take it anymore and broke down in tears.
I was covered with a warm air blanket for an hour and then an anesthesiologist was brought in with an ultrasound machine to find a vein and finally after a few tries go one. I was pumped full of liquids, antibiotics, steroids, blood pressure medication and my blood pressure and blood sugar levels were checked every 30 minutes all night. My fingers were covered in dots from all the blood sugar tests. I was given Omeprazole to kill the heartburn and told to drink as much as possible. A catheter was inserted so my urine could be observed.

For three days I was pretty much in agony and had no sleep. I was over filled with fluids which then made my salt levels off. The doctors thought I had gallstones that had blocked somewhere and maybe an infection. I had an MRI scan that showed this was not the case now if had been.

I was in hospital from Monday to Saturday and discharged myself. I was feeling better and although my salt was still not normal and blood pressure was still high I was only being given medication and could easily take that at home myself and actually get a proper sleep at home.

All baby tests were normal and baby is happy and healthy. I am still not 100% maybe 92% but I am getting there and hopefully next week after a good week of sleeps I will be back to normal or some kind of new normal.

So that's my news. Bump is growing faster than ever and kicks can be seen. Fatshion posts will resume asap. Thank you for all the kind words and love! It is very much appreciated. You are an awesome bunch of rad fats! I uploaded pics from my Hell Hospital week to instagram if you are interested.

You Might Also Like


  1. I am so pleased you are feeling better. 90 mins to find a vein omg!
    It's good news to hear that bubba is doing well. I hope we see your fabulous self back soon and looking as awesome as ever.
    Sending you lots of love Kaye xx

  2. Oh bloody hell, you poor love. I'm glad you're feeling better now and hope you carry on this way. x x x

  3. Thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear about all the problems but I am glad to hear you are on the mend and the bump is doing well!

    Take care!

  4. Argh what a crap thing to deal with! Glad you getting better and baby doing well x

  5. I noticed you were missing! I'm so glad you and bump are OK, hope you get up to 100% soon,
    w x

  6. Sorry you have not felt well and glad you and bump are OK... xxx

  7. Bugger you were not well, but good to know you are on the way up again :)

  8. That sounds like an awful experience. I am glad to hear that you and the baby are fine now though!

  9. Anonymous2:52 am

    Glad you're feeling a bit better! Hoping you get to 100% soon!

  10. Just realised it's been ages since we heard from you - I hope all is well.


Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed