Summer In The City

Monday, September 04, 2017


I am home to Edinburgh vising family and seeing Neil Hilborn at the Edinburgh Festival. If you don't know Neil Hilborn he is an American poet that blows me away with his humour and real talk about mental health. Check him out on Youtube for powerful and moving live performances and also his new book Our Numbered Days

I don't ever really get Star Struck but I felt a bit tongue tied and nervous meeting Neil after his show at The Stand Comedy Club. He was signing books, talking & taking selfies with fans. I was 3rd in line and saw how lovely he was the guys in front of me but still I was super nervous. Really not like me at all. He was so friendly and is such a big character on stage and off. It was a brilliant show despite his Buckfast hangover he had and I will see him again if he tours the UK again. 


Edinburgh was unusually warm and I wore this new Scarlett & Jo Poppy print dress. It is the usual stretchy lovely comfy material with crossover bust and short sleeves. It has a elastic waistband and tie at the back. I am wearing the 24 and it fits my large bust easily. The length is below my knee and I am 5'3" for reference. 

The shoes are from my mum and I think are from Fashion World. They fit my extra wide feet and have very comfy insoles and soles.

These glasses are newly reglazed and are new frames in a vintage style with swarovski crystal details. I bought them from RetroPeepersLtd on etsy and the style is called Gloria. I am in love with them! Check them out for some really cool vintage style frames.






Glasses - Retro Peepers Ltd Etsy Gloria style
Shoes - Old Fashion World




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed