105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom - Meet Tracey & Rob

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wedding Wednesday post where every Wednesday you get to find out a little more about the couples that shared their photos for the 105 Plus/Fat Bride/Groom Photos post HERE or the Youtube video HERE

I will also be doing more Budget Bridal posts. You can see previous posts HERE 

------------------------------------
Tracey & Rob
Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK


Where did you meet your Bride/Groom?


We originally met through the online forum for the now-defunct rock club Bradford Rios. We were close friends for a decade before getting together, it didn’t come as a surprise to anyone that knew us, apart from oblivious me!


When did you get married and where?

We got married on Back to the Future Day, 21st October 2015 at Bradford City Hall Register Office. 


What dress/suit size were you when you got married? (only answer if you want to)

I’m usually a 22/24 and I wore a size 24 dress.


What was your experience of finding a dress/suit?

I never intended to visit a bridal store, as we were on a small budget and I’m not a shopper at the best of times! I got my list of online stores to hand, and started to work through alphabetically... I found my dress at ASOS. I fell in love with a Chi Chi London dress immediately, it looked beautiful and striking and just the right length, not to mention a great price. It’s not the typical bridal search, but when it showed up I ran upstairs and tried it on, swishing around the bedroom like a princess. When I took it off I just at looking at it, thinking of how lucky I was to find something I loved, and to not have to go through a Don’t Tell The Bride style rigmarole!


Describe your day.


We got married at 3pm and from the moment I walked down the aisle with my mum to the theme tune from Jurassic Park right up until we got back to the hotel and collapsed from exhaustion, it was absolutely amazing. The emotion of the day caught me by surprise and I alternated between crying and laughing during the ceremony, but we made it through...good thing it was short & sweet really! 

We had our reception in the main room at Glyde House (http://www.glydehouse.co.uk/) which we’d decorated the night before with close friends, full of BTTF touches and a Parks & Rec themed sweetie bar. It was so incredible to walk into the room, everything had come together, and so many of the people we loved were there - no mean feat for a Wednesday afternoon! After an unbelievable buffet provided by the venue and some seriously touching speeches, my chorus Pennine Chimes stepped up to sing a few songs before the cake cutting and serious dancing commenced. It’s a bit of a blur of MeatLoaf, Vengaboys et all from there on in! Feel free to enjoy our wedding playlists https://open.spotify.com/user/fattydevine/playlist/1Q45x7r4GNLrk7kVt0Gi1A & https://open.spotify.com/user/fattydevine/playlist/2fro9MIDTIg13Jz7kEEZoD


Anything else you want to add.

Our photographer was a friend and it was one of his first weddings and he captured some fab moments. He’s recently set up a portrait studio in Keighley, though he does continue to do weddings https://www.facebook.com/SJPortraitStudio/


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed