Sheffield Fat Swap #3

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

In case you missed it, Saturday was the 3rd Sheffield Clothes Swap! Also known as Fat Swap. It was a so good to see so many people there after the first couple were not so well attended. Hopefully this is a sign of busy Swaps in the future. As always there was a mountain of clothes left over but everyone left happy with the things they had found. 

I spent most of my time catching up with people I had not seen in a while and actually only took two items home with me. I was just happy that the 3 giant bags of items I brought mostly got rehomed. 

You will probably see some familiar faces in the photos as lots of fatshion bloggers were in attendance. It was a lovely day as always and Franklin and Hubby even had a good time until baby tired himself out running all over the place. 

If you don't know how the swap works or you are worried about coming to one please don't worry! It is a very friendly and safe space. You bring as much or as little as you want and you put it out on the table suitable. eg. tops, skirt, dresses, accessories. Then take what you want. Again as much or as little as you want. Seriously though there is always heaps left over so take more if you want it!  

You can bring ladies clothes size 16+ and mens size L+ , shoes, bags, belts, hats, scarves, jewellery, make up, nail varnish etc. We just ask things be clean and in a usable condition. We would rather you bring fewer items than bring things that should be in the bin because we have to bag it and bin it later. 

The clothes that were left over were sorted and given to a womans prison as they really struggle to get plus size clothes for inmates and it is so easy for woman to put on weight while inside and their clothes not to fit anymore.

So I hope this puts your mind at ease and you will think about coming along to the next swap in Sheffield or Leeds. There are similar swaps in London and Nottingham. Keep an eye out for details on the Yorkshire Rad Fat Collective group on Facebook

Now for the photos. Some are stolen but credited.


I wore my new Voodoo Vixen Cardi from Simply Be with a modcloth dress.



Charlie, Rebs & I. Rebecca organised the Swap.



Swapping in full swing!







Swapping is hungry work!
L to R - Me, Debz, Lucia, Naomi, Gemma, Cynthia, Rebs, Fran 
Not pictured - Em, Bettie, Jen, Charlie



Charlie & Fran wearing some of the items I brought to Swap.



Me & Debz. So happy I finally got to spend some quality time with this lady and Lucia (not pictured) There needs to be more of this!



The lovely Naomi made a special stop to the Swap so she could hang out with all the fab fats! 
Thank you all for coming and making the day such a brilliant success. 

A super special thank you to Rebs for making the Swaps happen even when she is super ill and feeling crappy! Love you LOTS!!! x












You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. A lovely day. Glad I got rid of my 5 bags full. I only took 1 bag full home with me. very glad to contribute the leftovers from the Nottingham swap to the cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so much fun. I haven't been to a swap yet fully need to. Loooove the cardi too x

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed