The Lady Is Voluptuous - Cosette

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The British brand Lady V London known for their beautiful dresses created a limited plus size collection with the help of the gorgeous Georgina of  Fuller Figure Fuller Bust and called it Lady Voluptuous. I was not very excited about this as I love their dresses but have never managed to get a style to fit me. The collection consists of 3 styles with various colours and bold prints with more to come soon. 

I ordered these two Cosette dresses in a size 26/28 and kept my fingers firmly crossed that they would fit. The collection comes in size 16 - 32 and is generous so no need to size up. 


The dresses arrived within 3 days and I put them on straight away to see if my dreams had come true. This rose print in just divine and the crossover style which can be a problem for larger busts as it can slide down has been solved with it being sewn into place so no flashing! There is plenty room for my massive 42jj bust which is always a problem area in other dresses. The fabric has a slight stretch to it but is thick and luxurious. The attention to detail is great with cuff and bust edging. The length is perfect on my 5'3'' frame and the skirt is very full and just screams for a petticoat or two under it.

My problems with the dress are that the sleeves are too long on me and quite baggy.  There are pockets of loose fabric beside my bust to underarm area. My pet peeve is the belt. It is a lovely belt and structured so will keep its shape but it was way too short to fasten around the dress. The two ends don't even meet. This is a common problem with plus size clothes and really is something that shouldn't happen.



This is the same dress in a different print and has the same problems. I must say that the sizing of both dresses are spot on the same! For me the waist is too low and it is just my personal preference to have it under my bust and realise this is not where most people like it. 

I really love the collection and I am so pleased there is another place for larger fats to buy pretties. The collection is a great addition to the Lady V London Brand and I look forward to seeing what comes from it. I will not be keeping these dresses are I feel they just not the right fit for me but may try some of the other styles and see how I get on. 



I would like to congratulate Georgina for doing something wonderful and including the larger fats which is not always the case in plus size. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed