The Power Of Fatshion

Monday, October 06, 2014

I woke up in a terrible mood for no reason. Well there are many reasons that include frustration with doctors over my sons care but I decided to put on a new dress and bit of make up and turn my frown upside down. This dress is one of many I ordered from Simply Be recently but only kept a few.

I had seen this dress on the Simply Be instagram when it was first released but figured because of the tulip shape it would not work on me. Since it was a sale and free postage I took my chances and was happy that it fit and looked awesome!

It is the thick stretch cotton fabric that I love and as such makes a great Autumn/Winter dress! Being sleeveless I added my mint eyelash knit cardi that I picked up in the Primark sale last winter and pink leggings. I realise the pink leggings are a bright bold statement but thats the mood I was in and I will no doubt add some green/blue leggings that match the colours in the print for future wears.

The bust is a lovely sweetheart shape that I have never worn before.  The tulip shape is loose on my hips and does make me look bigger than I am but I am fat and happy with that so No F**ks Were Given! This outfit had the desired effect of changing my miserable mood. Never underestimate The Power of Fatshion!






Dress - Simply Be Tulip Dress size 28 £25
Cardi - Primark
Leggings  - Primark
Shoes - Clarks
Glasses - VintageEyeGlassesCat etsy


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That dress is perfection! How did I miss it?! I love the way you've styled it! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power of fashion is real! I love that I can usually alter my mood by deciding what to wear from my closet. You're sporting my favorite shades in this look, though I don't think I've really worn them together. Seeing them combined in the dress print makes me wonder why I haven't! The eyelash cardi is such a sweet topper to the outfit, too!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed