Bad Ass in Biker Jacket

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

If you are looking for a biker jacket this winter ASOS had a leather one with proper lapels not like some of the Grandad collar ones around. It is super soft and a lovely jacket at a decent price if you have the money.

My fab boyfriend said he would it buy it for my Christmas so  I ordered the 26 with fingers crossed even though their size guide said it would not fit. It was right. The sleeves were way too long and so was the body of the jacket even with my massive boobs to lift it up. It sat on my hips and this is why it didn't work for me. I got it fastened with a bit of effort but it sat all wrong and wasn't comfortable.

If you have a long body you might get away with it. I am only 5'3'' and it just wasn't the correct proportions for me sadly. The bust fit my 44h and the shoulders were perfect.


I am wearing the New Look Inspire size 24 Biker Jacket and found it very warm and a good fit. Sleeves are a little long on me but I not as long as the ASOS version and for £40 I have to say it is a pretty good winter jacket. The faux leather is pretty damn good. It has sold out in all size but 24 on the website so act fast if you want to get yours. Check in stores for your size too!



Trying on the size 24 in store and falling in love with Biker jackets. I am old enough to remember these in the late 80s and early 90s being in fashion and hating them! How tastes change.

There are Biker jackets available in Evans, Simply Be and Forever 21 so. have a look around before you buy.


My first outing in my shiny new Biker Jacket. I went quite femme with this outfit and wore skull print and have to say I felt pretty bad ass in it.
Looking like a chick outta Cry Baby! 


Biker Jacket - New Look Inspire size 24
Skull Print Dress - New Look Inspire size 24
Leggins - Asda size 20
Shoes - New Look Wide Fit
Bag - Lux De Ville

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I have the New Look jacket too and I love it! Looks great on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my best purchase of the season so far! :) x

      Delete
  2. I've got the Very one and I sized up on advice and got the 28, its a wee bit big but i know come the winter I'll be able to add LOADS of layers under it. I find ASOS so loopy with its sizing! I've really stopped buying anything full price from there. New Look is much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASOS is very hit and miss for me. I didn't see the very ones! Room for layers is a good thing :)

      Delete
  3. I got the one from Asos and I love it. Though it's a bit tight at the belly/hips.
    The one from NL is awesome, I would have bought it, but I already bought the Asos jacket. Anyway, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the asos one and would have kept it if it had fit :/ x

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:06 pm

    You are stinkin adorable! I love your blog!! I am a new follower. Come check out my blog at:
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Follow me if you enjoy what I have to say! I'd LOVE that!

    Positively,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the ASOS one when I had a 25% off discount code. I am taller than you but I was also expecting it to be a bit shorter. But yeah I have kept it because it's so difficult to find a nice one in leather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted a leather on but the fit of NL one really made my choice for me! :)

      Delete
  6. Hiya!

    I'm from the US and was planning to place an order in New Look for this biker jacket, but I wanted to know how the fit on it was. I know ASOS runs big so I fit into their UK26 fine, but I was wondering if New Look ran sorta big too or is it true to size in regards to their size chart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find asos 26 to be bigger than a new look 26. But I also find I need a new look 26 in non stretch items so thought I would need a 6 in the jacket but the 24 fit me perfect. Best thing to do is measure yourself and check with new look size chart I think. Hope this helped! :)

      Delete

Follow me on Facebook

Twitter Feed